About Apples & Arts
A collaborative public art project to benefit Bread for Life, Southington Community Services, United Way of Southington and Southington Community Cultural Arts (SoCCA).
- Apples & Arts mission is to:
- Provide funds for support services for Southington residents
- Connect Art and business
- Encourage foot traffic into local businesses
- Create visibility for the sponsors
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Southington’s Apple Harvest Festival
The Apple Harvest Festival turns 50 this year and we're announcing a major charity initiative to mark the occasion! This collaborative art project will benefit many organizations in the community that help our neighbors, including Bread For Life, Southington Community Services and United Way. We are inviting local artists to decorate one of many fiberglass apples and then make it available for a sponsor. All the apples will be showcased during the festival and any that are not purchased by their sponsors will be auctioned off at the Calvanese Foundation gala next Spring. We are looking for both artists and sponsors! For much more information, check out our new site just for this event!